Friday, June 4, 2010

Brooklyn is 3!!!

Brooklyn has now been 3 for 5 whole days. I hate to think about how fast time is flying. I've done my best to cherish every moment alone with her before her baby brother comes. I guess it's time for my list of Brookie facts....
  • She is still a social butterfly. Loves to be around people and usually hates going home.
  • She has been potty trained for over a month now which she did on her own. One day just decided "no more diapers and go potty on the toilet." She was more ready than I was!
  • She is still in love with Wyatt Van Duyn and talks about him daily.
  • Her best friend is Kate.
  • When she wants to be held she says, "Hold you me." I LOVE IT!!
  • Still calls her bathing suit "baby soup." I will be sad when she corrects that one.
  • She sleeps in a "big girl bed" now and loves it. Although she sleeps with her head where her feet should go and refuses to be under the covers.
  • She has all her teeth.
  • She weighs 26lbs 2 oz and his 35.5 inches tall. That's 8th percentile for weight and 11th for height.
  • She'll dance to her favorite CD with her tutu on for over 30 minutes.
  • She has an imaginary tiger and bear that she is terrified of.
  • She still has a pacifier at night time. Hard to admit that I've let it go this long, but I have.
  • She has two blankies that she loves.
  • She's the most cautious little kid I've ever seen.
  • She's terrified of any dog that she doesn't know.
  • She HATES bugs.
  • She's silly. Does really "odd" things all the time. Makes me laugh hard multiple times throughout the day.
  • She has a major sweet tooth.
  • She's always pretending that random things around the house are instruments that she's learned about on Little Einsteins.
  • She's received so many hand-me-downs from Kate that she thinks everything she wears used to be Kate's.
  • She plays really well by herself.
  • She thinks that every "owie" needs a band-aid and that she can only get them from "Grammy's house."
  • She asks for cinnamon toast for breakfast every morning.
  • She only naps 1-2 times a week, maybe. And hasn't napped consistently for a year now. If we're home she still gets quiet time from 2-4.
  • She goes to bed at 7:30or 8 and wakes up at 7:30 or 8. She'll stay in bed for a couple hours playing in the morning. One time I had to go get her out at 11:30 and she was happy as could be.
  • She still says she is "Mommy's baby & Daddy's girl."
  • The "like a big girl" trick doesn't work on her. If I tell her she's a big girl now she says, "No! I'm a baby!" Fine by me!
  • She talks to my tummy and says, "baby brother! Come out right now! You wanna go ni-night with me??"
My baby....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all those adorable facts!!! What a wonderful little girl she has turned into! Great job Curt and Brenna :)

Love, NOelle

amber said...

She is my little blessing.. Thanks for having her for me!