Once again, we had another birthday in our house. And once again, I can't believe how fast time is flying. How can Dylan be 2?! I feel like he just joined our family and at the same time I feel like he's been here forever. It amazes me how much a child can change in just 1 year.
Here is a list of things I never want to forget about Dylan at 2 years old:
- He's a talker. He says too many words for me to include and has started to put sentences together.
- He LOVES trucks. When we're driving around he points out every truck he sees. Unfortunately, his T's are replaced with F's. No matter how many times he yells it, I never get used to hearing him yell the F word.
- He knows the difference between 1 and 2. He'll point out "1 bus" or "2 bus".
- He is the typical pain in the rear little brother. He knows exactly how to push his sister's buttons (which isn't very hard). He'll pretend to take stuff from her just to get a reaction. He also takes out all his aggression on her. He'll hit her and throw things at her for no reason at all.
- He puts himself in time out if I don't do it right away.
- He still wants to nurse at night time but we're cutting that out soon:(
- He's a momma's boy.
- Everyday he asks to go to Nana's house, Grammy's house, Auntie Shanna's house, Noelle's house and Amber's house. He wants to be anywhere but home.
- He's obsessed with any type of button or buckle.
- He continues to be OBSESSED with popsicles. Everyday he wants to go outside and have a "pa-coo".
- He loves to play outside with Maddie. I often find him just standing in the bushes. He likes to get dirty and play with rocks he finds in the dirt.
- He's a creature of habit and does not like it when his daily routine is disturbed.
- He's afraid of the dark and talks about lions in the dark rooms.
- He's got tons of energy and is always on the go.
- He already pretends things are guns and can make a pretty good shooting and explosion noise.
- I've had to start locking the doors to the bathroom and Brookie's room. If he gets in Brooklyn's room the first thing he goes for is the markers. He promptly colors all over his body and then goes for whatever is in reach. He's a quick little booger and usually does quite a bit of damage before I can get to him.
- He loves books.
- He's had 4 hairs cuts already and has great curly blonde hair.
- He's 26 lbs 3 oz and 33.5 inches. Which puts him in the 25th percentile. Pretty little but still bigger than his sister was.
- He's got a really fun personality. He's always making me and Curt laugh.
- Brookie loves him despite his treatment of her. She's always trying to hug, kiss and cuddle with him. He has none of it.
- He misses Brooklyn while she's at school.
My handsome boy...
This year for Dylan's birthday party we had a small family get together.
Happy Birthday Dylan!!!