Thursday, February 10, 2011

Big Things

Brooklyn has had many new exciting things going on in her life lately. One minor thing (big to her) is losing her pacie. We had plans for the pacie fairy to come but days before, it went missing. To this day I have no idea where it is. Maybe the pacie fairy does exist! To celebrate I took Brooklyn to go get ice cream and pick out a toy of her choice. After some yummy chocolate ice cream she picked her first Barbie doll.

Brooklyn is now officially registered for preschool. She won't be starting till the fall but we took her for a little meeting with the director and a tour of the classes. To say she was excited would be an understatement. She ran around each class checking out everything in it. She would exclaim, "that is so cool" about pretty much everything. She was even excited about the little toilet and little sink. I'm hesitant and excited for this phase in life to start. I really think she will enjoy school but it's sad to think she's old enough to go.

Lately she seems to be getting a little bored being at home most days. I thought it was perfect timing to put her in a dance class. Yesterday was her first day. She was ecstatic! You'd think she knew exactly what I was taking her to. She ran in there like she owned the place. Other than occasionally having trouble following directions and paying attention to the teacher (she was too busy looking at herself in the mirror), she has some real potential:) When she actually copied what the teacher was doing she had excellent form. I give credit to the dancing girl on Little Einsteins and her cousin Kate:)




Right away she ran into the class to check herself out in the mirror. No hesitation with leaving me.





I had a hard time getting pictures since I had to take them through a window that had the blinds down. I did the best I could.



She was supposed to be stretching her legs like everyone else. Instead, she had to be right in the middle of the circle.




Changing into her tap shoes. She can't wait to go buy some for herself. Those were a little too big.

She didn't appreciate the loud music.

Look at that form!



No comments: