Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dylan is 9 Months!

Dylan has entered my favorite stage. Can I please freeze time?!? He's at the age where his personality is in full force, he's happy almost ALL the time, he sleeps relatively well at night, takes 2-3 naps a day, does not talk back or defy me and is over all pleasant. Love it!
Some fun facts about my baby boy...
  • He has a smile that lights up the room.
  • His lips are SO kissable!
  • He's such a boy. Loves to wrestle and rough house.
  • He loves to bang toys together.
  • He loves footballs, basketballs and soccer balls.
  • He can crawl at light speed.
  • He loves to carry around toys in his hand while he crawls so they make noise on the wood floors.
  • He is SO proud of himself when he goes into his room and gets his pacie out of his crib.
  • He likes to "hide" from me throughout the house.
  • He gets stuck under and behind things at least 5 times a day.
  • He thinks it's hilarious when he's doing something he shouldn't and I say "no".
  • As soon as he sees the garage door open he bolts for it.
  • He goes down stairs head first with precision and little effort. Only once in a while he falls on his face:)
  • He can walk while holding onto furniture.
  • He does not understand that if he dives off of high furniture he will hurt himself. I've caught him by his legs more times than I can count.
  • He can spot tiny objects on the ground from across the room. He will then put them in his mouth and choke on them. As a result I have done the Heimlich maneuver on him multiple times.
  • He's still solely breastfed. While he puts everything in his mouth he has no interest in edible objects. Just paper.
  • He now takes a bottle!!
  • He's 21 lbs and 28 inches. That puts him at 50th percentile.
  • He LOVES Brooklyn. While he is a lot easier to make laugh, all Brooklyn has to do is look at him and he starts cracking up.
  • His hair is curly.
  • He'll be playing quietly and then all of a sudden let out, what I call, a "warrior cry".
  • He's in the stage where he throws everything down on the ground just to watch you pick it up. Fun fun.
  • He never stops moving.
  • He likes to blow raspberries and make a clicking noise with his tongue.
  • Even when he falls over he smiles or laughs about it.
  • Every time I rock him for sleep he puts his forehead against mine for a few seconds.
I love this kid to death and I'm enjoying every moment that I'm allowed to make him a Momma's boy:)





















2 comments:

ThE nIcHoLs FaMiLy said...

How is he already 9 months old!! Stop it! He is ADORABLE :)

lauren and brad said...

Brenna! He is so cute! These pictures are precious and I can't get over his little booty! What a precious baby!